UPDATED EFFECTIVE December 2016
Information We Collect
Information you give to us.
When you register and buy or sell gear, we ask you for the following information:
- name and physical address
- Email address and telephone number
- Login and password and
- Social Security number or tax identification number, for certain sellers to whom we are required by law to provide a 1099-k.
Information we collect when you use our sites and services.
We may collect information about the way you interact with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer, browser and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
We may obtain information from or about you in other ways. For example, we may verify user information with a service provider or combine your information with information we collect from other companies. Also, you may send us correspondence, testimonials, photos, blogs, writings, customer satisfaction surveys or customer service communications.
How We Use Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, efficient and customized experience. We may use the information we collect to:
- provide the services and customer support you request
- resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our policies
- customize, measure and improve our sites, services and advertising
- tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, service updates, targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties and
- comply with applicable laws
How we share information
We share information between our buyers and sellers that allow them to complete a sale, like name, shipping address and other information that might be included on the gear. We may also disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements (for example, a court order or subpoena) or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is legally required, enforce our policies, establish or exercise our legal rights or protect anyone's rights, property or safety. We may also share your personal information with:
- Members of PayPal, Bill Me Later or Shopping.com to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you've requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as credit card processing, delivery services, cancel and reissue, or bill collection).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
Cookies and web beacons
Accessing and changing personal information
You can access and change your account information in My Account. There, you can change your address, telephone number, email address, password, Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID (if applicable) and privacy and communications preferences.
We may communicate with you at various times, with administrative emails or phone calls, about transactions and service announcements, customer service responses and promotional emails like special offers, newsletters and updates. You can choose to stop receiving promotional emails at any time simply by changing your preferences, unsubscribing on the website, or using an email's unsubscribe function. You may not opt out of receiving administrative messages or customer service responses. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications through check-out with our partners, you must change your communication preferences with them directly.
If you choose to use our referral services, we ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a copy of the email. Consignment King or our service providers store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your friend may contact us at info@ConsignmentKing.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Consignment King, LLC.